Sunday, August 27, 2006

73 Days to election 2006 & Laughing is the Only Way to Make it

I live and vote in a Blue State. Actually, I have been blue since Election Day 2004 (well.. actually 2000, but you probably knew that). Unsure how to survive it, I think I've been holding my breath for the last two years - hoping the damage isn't too great and everything I believe in is still recognizable in 2008. I think I've become cyanotic -- complete with blue fingernails -- waiting to breath again.

Of course, that's an exaggeration - I do get some fresh air intake - - it happens when someone makes me laugh at the situation we've gotten ourselves into with GW & Company. Jon Stewart has been a lifeline. Colbert helps, too. Then today, a new friend introduced me to a local Connecticut writer, Jeff Schult's blog - and a piece he wrote in late 2004, "Red Talk, Blue Talk and Vice Versa ..."

Several hearty laughs and a shake or two of my head and I'm a brighter blue.


I'm thinking of emailing Jeff and asking him for an update -- even with Election 2006 coming soon -- I've a feeling I'll need many more laughs to make it through to 2008.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's what I get for googling (tm) myself ...

I'm cautiously optimistic, for November.

Thanks. :-)

-jeff
"Beauty from Afar"
www.beautyfromafar.com